It is main content in the website from here
For pharmaceutical and healthcare product manufacturers, steady supply of safe products in line with GMP is always the concern. WHO is suggesting pharmaceutical production sites to be designed to fulfill following factors in its GMP training document:
- Minimize risks of errors
- Permit effective cleaning
- Avoid cross-contamination, build-up of dirt and dust
- Avoid any adverse effect on the quality of products
- Permit effective maintenance
Daifuku offers intralogistics solutions for pharmaceutical plant taking the above factors into account.
1. Minimize risks of human errors
Handling raw materials and work-in-process using unique ID and automated equipment is one of ways to reduce the human error risk.
From raw material supply, work-in-process handling to final product sorting, Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) system is a convenient way to connect processes while reducing human intervention. Laser-guided AGV and Magnetic-tag guided AGV remains the site floor flat and easy to clean.
AS/RS offers a effective work-in-process buffer to connect the production processes from unpacking, pulverization, sieving, weighing, granulation, mixing , compression, coating, inspection, printing and packing with minimum human intervention.
2. Permit effective cleaning / Avoid build-up of dirt and dust
Daifuku offers material handling equipment tailored to cleanroom requirement to prevent dust accumulation and allow easy cleaning.
- stainless steel application to equipment surfaces
- resin application for contact surfaces
- dustpans around contact surfaces
- antistatic covers
- lube-free/oil-less chain application
- washable design
For more information, read Clean room control.
3. Avoid cross-contamination
When material handling equipment works in multiple areas, each area is separated by automatic shutters which open only when there is incoming or outbound pallets
4. Permit effective maintenance
GMP requires to keep accurate records relating to maintenance activities such as when the equipment was last used and when it was last inspected/repaired,
Daifuku's original maintenance management computer DAGUARD provides 4 useful functions to facilitate effective maintenance execution.
- Maintenance and inspection function
- Part life expectancy function
- Diagnostics function
- Maintenance history management
For more information, read Preventive Service page.
Automated replenishment system to picking locations improves the logistics operation efficiency to deal with growing small lot orders.
+49 2161 6833044